I love this Bruschetta recipe! It’s from my Southern Living Homestyle Cookbook. This is one of my favorite cookbooks…I can’t remember how I ended up with it but every time I make a recipe from this book it’s a winner! (How often does that happen!!) The recipe is simple, delicious and sure to impress!
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 finely chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced diagonally into 24 (1/2-inch thick) slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Stir together the first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat broiler.
- 3. Brush bread slices with oil; place on baking sheet. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- 4 Spoon tomato mixture on bread slices before serving.
(I like to top my bruschetta’s with fresh, sliced mozzarella before serving!!)